* Contest open to amateur AND professional designers of all ages. Designers must either consider the Hampton Roads area their primary residence or currently work or attend school in the Hampton Roads area. An exception will be made for VA Fashion Week featured designers who live in other parts of VA. Such designer or an authorized representative must still come to Norfolk to pick up the materials kit
* The competition will take place on Earthday Friday April 22 at The Venue on 35th, 631 E 35th St. Norfolk, VA starting at 6pm.
* Each contestant must create a complete look from kits provided by CozyPure Organic Bedding Company. Kits will contain fabric scraps such as knits, wool, and/or sateen as well as discarded items from other local companies that could include metals, plastics, paints, dyes, etc. Contestants are to use fabrics in the kit for garment construction, deductions in scoring will be taken for use of outside materials. The only non-kit items permitted will be basic tools such as needles, threads, glue, as well as fasteners such as velcro or snaps.
* Kits can be picked up at CozyPure Organic Bedding Company 2308 Granby St any Monday-Saturday between 10-5 beginning March 14. Kits available first come first serve.
* Designs can be made for women or men.
* The top designs will also be presented in a runway show during VAFW Designer Showcase April 24.
* Designers will be judge on the total look including any accessories as well as styling. All clothing and accessories must be made with materials from the kit. Models may wear their own undergarments and shoes but all other items must be part of the designer creation and according to contest guidelines.
* Designers can use their own model or request one from Splash/VAFW. If designer wishes to request a model, email email@example.com. Designers are invited to attend model casting on Saturday March 26 11:30am at Meyerer Oberndorf Central Library in Virginia Beach where he/she will be allowed to meet and select their model for the competition.
* Prizes to be announced, but will include cash, gift certicates and an editorial photo shoot of winning design.
* Contestants must fill out easy online application.
* Entry fee of $10 must be paid online or by check/cash prior to picking up kit containing materials. Click here to pay online.