* Contest open to amateur AND professional designers of all ages. Designers must either consider the Hampton Roads area their primary residence or currently work or attend school in the Hampton Roads area. An exception will be made for VA Fashion Week featured designers who live in other parts of VA. Such designer or an authorized representative must still come to Norfolk to pick up the materials kit
* The competition will take place on Earthday Saturday April 22, 3pm at Mudita Cafe, 9647 1st View St Norfolk, VA.
* Each contestant must create a complete look from kits provided by CozyPure Organic Bedding Company. Kits will contain fabric scraps such as knits, wool, and/or sateen as well as discarded items. Contestants are to use fabrics in the kit for garment construction, deductions in scoring will be taken for use of outside materials. Contestants may use paint and/or dyes from outside sources. The only non-kit items permitted will be basic tools such as needles, threads, glue, as well as fasteners such as velcro, buttons, zippers, or snaps.
* Kits can be picked up at CozyPure Organic Bedding Company 2308 Granby St any Monday-Friday between 10-5 or Saturday between 10-4 beginning March 14. Kits available first come first serve.
* Designs can be made for women or men.
* The top designs will also be presented in a runway show during VAFW Designer Showcase April 23.
* Designers will be judge on the total look including any accessories as well as styling. All clothing and accessories must be made with materials from the kit. Models may wear their own undergarments and shoes but all other items must be part of the designer creation and according to contest guidelines.
* Designers can use their own model; it can be a friend or associate or a professional model. Designers can also opt to be their own model. If designer wants to hire a professional model, designer can request one from Splash/VAFW. If designer wishes to request a model, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost for a professional model will be $50 for the main show and $25 per fitting. Designers can view pictures/measurements and have a facetime consultation with model before agreeing to hire.
* Prizes to be announced, but will include cash, gift certicates and an editorial photo shoot of winning design.
* Contestants must fill out easy online application.
* Entry fee of $10 must be paid online or by check/cash prior to picking up kit containing materials. Click here to pay online.